Florida International University in Miami, Florida, offers a 30-credit Master's in Disaster Management through the Robert Stempel College of Public Health & Social Work.
The graduate degree program has been developed in response to the growing recognition and need for graduate-level education in disaster management. Drawing on faculty from across FIU's nationally recognized colleges and programs as well as disaster practitioners with international and national preparedness and response disaster experience, the program's curriculum is interdisciplinary in nature and scope and designed to develop and improve the skills of disaster practitioners and those interested in entering the exciting field of disaster management.
For more information, contact Dulce Suarez, Graduate Director, at (305)-348-0451 or email@example.com.
- No. 2 Best Online Master’s Program (Online Master’s Degrees, 2023)
- No. 4Best Graduate Degree Program (Best Accredited Colleges, 2021)
- No. 7Best Crisis/Emergency Disaster Management Master’s Degree Schools (CollegeFactual.com, 2024)
- No. 23 Best Master’s in Emergency Management Degree Programs (2023, Intelligent.com)
To begin the application process, please visit Admissions and select Graduate Admission Application.
Master of Arts in Disaster Management 2019-2020 Cohort Profile
- 18%African American
- 35 Average Age
- 3.34 Average GPA
- 4%Non-governmental Organization Employed
- 7%Emergency Management Employed
- 14%Fire Service Employed
- 18%Law Enforcement Employed
- 17%Other Employed
- 86%have a bachelor's degree
- 7%have a master's degree
- 94%Currently Employed
- 47%FIU Alumni
- $76kAverage Annual Salary
The infographic profile below provides some information about our current cohort of students.