AIDP can provide Florida State Fire College training needed for fire fighters in your department to qualify for the Florida State Fire Officer exams.
- Fire Officer I
- Fire Officer II
- Fire Officer III
- Fire Officer IV
This course provides hands on training with realistic structural fire scenarios to prepare the next generation of fire officers to mange small to large fires using the latest in Virtual Reality applications.
- Fundamentals of how structural fire incidents are approached
- Simulation includes realistic visual 3D environments and radio communication with actual dispatchers.
The Leadership Development Training is tailored for first responders and provides participants with the communication and leadership skills needed to develop professionally and gain self-confidence to be a leader.
- Critical to succession planning
- Develops effective communications skills
- Foster respect, honor and integrity with leadership skills
The UAS/Drone Operator Public Safety Course provides hands-on training to law enforcement, fire rescue, EMS, and other public safety personnel who want to learn about how unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) – a.k.a. “drones” are changing the way public safety agencies operate. This course is conducted by Airborne Response®
- Regulatory, safety and operational factors
- UAS platforms and payloads
- Flight operations
Cultural Diversity & Communication Training
This eight hour training geared towards police officers examines how our human perceptions are formed and how to not let those perceptions impact the way we interact with individuals.
Through group discussions on discrimination, racism, stereotypes, and prejudices, officers will then explore their own and others’ ideas and perspectives on those topics. From awareness and information, the focus of the trainings will move to specific skills-based training areas, including:
- Active Listening
- Mindset Shift
- Non-Verbal Communication
FIU's Center for Disaster Medicine is a collaboration of many FIU units that aim to provide the first responder community with emergency medical training such as:
- Aeromedical Evacuation Training
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Paramedic (PMD)
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS)
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC)
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC)
- Law Enforcement First Responder (LEFR)